Your Councillor is Richard Scoates.
Cllr Richard Scoates
Richard is a Civil and Structural Engineer and has lived in the Borough all his life apart from 5 years spent at university. Richard is a great supporter of preserving the greenbelt from inappropriate development, and believes that planning should be made more localised – after all, local residents are best placed to know what’s best for their local community.
Richard has a keen interest in Darwin Ward’s extensive history and heritage. From Biggin Hill Airport as a strategic defence base for London in the Battle of Britain, to Charles Darwin’s landscape laboratory and the proposed World Heritage Site.’
c/o Members’ Room
Telephone: 07919 281 983
- Development Control Committee
- Pensions Investment Sub-Committee
- Plans Sub-Committee No. 2 (Vice-Chairman)
- Plans Sub-Committee No. 4
- Rights of Way Sub-Committee
Click here to be re-direct directly to Richards web-site
Branch Chairman: Linda Hewitt
Deputy Chair Political: Karisma Aberdeen Woo
Deputy Chair Fundraising: Ann Murray
Downe, Cudham, Leaves Green, Westerham Hill, Beechwood
- Darwin Ward is the most southerly Ward within the London Borough of Bromley.
- It is the largest Ward in London by land area (11.2 sq miles), and the smallest in terms of residents (4704).
- Darwin Ward encompasses approximately 20% of the borough’s land area, and 1.9% of the land area of London.
- Darwin Ward is larger than the London Boroughs of Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, Tower Hamlets, Islington, Southwark and the City of London.
- It is the only single member ward in London.
- It’s the home of Charles Darwin.
Please contact either Linda, Karisma or Ann for further details and information about the Branch by contacting Orpington Association at No 6 Sevenoaks Road, Orpington, Kent, BR6 9JJ. Telephone 01689 820347 or e-mail DA@orpingtonconservatives.com
Your Police Safer Neighbourhood Team may be contacted on 07920 233 859
For details of planning applications within your area click here